With the hurricane season underway, we would like to remind you of the importance of preparing for potentially destructive storms. Here are some things you can do today, before a storm approaches, to help keep you and your family safe throughout the hurricane season.
- Understand the difference between a hurricane watch and a hurricane warning. A hurricane watch means that a hurricane may occur within the next 24 to 36 hours. A hurricane warning means that a hurricane will probably strike your area within the next 24 hours.
- Prepare a storm survival kit. A complete list of essential supplies is available on Travelers.com.
- Plan your evacuation route in advance of the storm.
- Close storm shutters and board up all windows.
- Stock up on drinking water and non-perishable goods.
- Have a supply of batteries and be sure you have flashlights and a portable radio in good working condition.
- Fuel your car in case you must leave immediately.
Please remember, we are here to help. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Check your local weather